Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soya Free, Nut Free, Refined Sugar Free
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 100 g pitted dates soaked in 100g boiling water
- 85 g ripe banana when peeled – about one small one
- 50 g coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 250 g gluten free oats or ‘normal’ oats if you can tolerate gluten
1. Place the dates in a bowl with the boiling water and leave to soak for at least 5 minutes
2. Once soaked, tip the dates and water into a food processor or blender along with the banana, melted coconut oil, and bicarbonate of soda. Process until smooth and paste-like
3. Tip the paste into a bowl and add the oats.
4. Stir to combine, then place the mixture in a greased oven-proof dish measuring approx. 20 x 15cm.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees, 160 degree fan, gas mark 4 for approx. 25 minutes until golden and firm
6. Once cool cut up and store in an airtight container for up to 4 days